作者: Marlena De Blasi
出版社: Ballantine Books
The poster (email) is not available. 收藏推荐:
Amandine: A Novel
Marlena De Blasi | Ballantine Books | English | AZW3,PDF,RTF,EPUB,LIT,LRF,MOBI,FB2,PDB,TXT,HTMLZ
Marlena de Blasi, the acclaimed author of such delectable memoirs as A Thousand Days in Venice and That Summer in Sicily, now brings her luminous prose to the world of fiction with this remarkable debut novel. Set against the backdrop of Europe as it moves inexorably toward World War II, Amandine follows a young orphan’s journey in search of her heritage.
The story opens in Krakow in 1931, as a baby girl is conceived out of wedlock, the byproduct of a foolish heart and a tragic inheritance. The child’s grandmother, a countess, believes that she is protecting her daughter when she claims that the baby didn’t survive. In truth, however, she deposits the infant at a remote convent in the French countryside, leaving her with a great sum of money and in the care of a young governess named Solange.
Solange takes it upon herself to give the child a distinctive name, Amandine, and the two form a special bond. But even Solange’s unconditional love cannot protect her charge. Mistrusted by both the abbess and the convent girls, the unusually astute and curious Amandine finds her childhood filled with challenges and questions: Who is she? Where does she come from?
Eventually, Solange is forced to choose between the terrors of the convent and those of a global war looming outside its doors. Thus, with a purseful of worthless francs and a sack of provisions, the two flee north toward Solange’s childhood home. But what should have been a two-day journey by train becomes a perilous, years-long odyssey across Occupied France—and deeper into the treacheries of war.
Tracing the flight of Amandine and Solange while peering into the lives of the countess and her daughter, Amandine’s mother, who still mourns and dreams of the child she thinks she lost forever, Marlena de Blasi’s epic novel winds its way toward a dramatic and compelling conclusion, as mother and daughter draw ever nearer. Amandine is a sumptuous tale of identity and survival, persistent hope and unexpected love.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
Download "Amandine: A Novel"
本站一切内容源于互联网搜索，禁止商用！ 如有任何不妥请联系:[email protected]，我们将在24小时内删除相关内容。
浏览量：0 添加时间：2012-09-28 06:50:02, 更新时间：2012-09-28 06:50:02, shared by sharebookfree
Search mirrors of "Amandine: A Novel"...
Free Magazine Subscriptions & Technical Document Downloads
如果不能下载或者在“图书介绍”中找不到 "Amandine: A Novel" 的下载链接请留言。下次访问本站时察看 所有留言 看是否有人已经更新了该书。
- Ebooks list page : 20093
- Amandine: A Novel
- Amandine: A Novel
- Electron Crystallography: Novel Approaches for Structure Determination of Nanosized Materials
- The Sixes: A Novel (Audiobook) By Kate White, read by Jennifer Cohn
- Novel Treatment of Epilepsy
- World History: In Graphic Novel - Removed
- Novel Applications of the UWB Technologies
- The Rising: A Novel
- [PDF] Josiah for President: A Novel
- [PDF] Barcelona Calling: A Novel
- [PDF] A Woman Called Sage: A Novel
- [PDF] To Win Her Favor (A Belle Meade Plantation Novel)
- [PDF] To Whisper Her Name (A Belle Meade Plantation Novel)
- [PDF] Betrayal: A Novel (Where The Heart Lives)
- [PDF] Downfall (An Intervention Novel)
- [PDF] Astonish Me: A Novel
- [PDF] Police: A Harry Hole Novel
- [PDF] Before the Wind: A novel
- [PDF] The Governor's Wife: A novel
- [PDF] You: A Novel (Zoran Drvenkar)